While we want to preserve natural teeth whenever possible, Sunrise Dental and Implant Center recognizes the importance of providing the gold standard in restorative dentistry when teeth go missing. Our team offers top-ranked dental implants for patients that have lost one or more missing teeth. Dental implants are the premium option in tooth replacement, offering a more natural and functional alternative to traditional dentures or dental bridges.
Dental implants can mimic natural teeth more than any other teeth replacement option. The titanium post that is surgically placed into the jaw serves as a new “root” for your tooth. As the post fuses to the surrounding bone, the implant becomes a permanent part of your jaw. Once the surgical site has healed and the post is secure, a new prosthetic tooth or teeth can be firmly attached to the post. Our Fairfield office can handle your complete dental implant process, from your initial dental implant surgery to your final custom implant restorations.
Dental implants function and look like natural teeth. They can last for decades and can be used for single tooth replacements or full mouth reconstructions with dentures or dental bridges. Our patients love the permanency that implants offer, with no worries about slipping dentures or removing their “teeth” for cleaning.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a popular and effective option for replacing missing teeth. Here are some of the benefits of dental implants and why they are referred to as the “gold standard” in restorative dentistry:
- Improved Oral Health
- Dental implants can help prevent further damage to your teeth and gums by filling in gaps left by missing teeth. They also help to maintain the structure of your jawbone, which can prevent bone loss and other complications.
- Improved Speech
- Missing teeth can affect your ability to speak clearly, and dental implants can help restore your ability to speak confidently and clearly.
- Improved Appearance
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, and can help improve the appearance of your smile.
- Improved Comfort
- Dental implants are a comfortable alternative to other tooth replacement options like dentures, which can cause discomfort and irritation.
- Improved Functionality
- Dental implants are designed to function like natural teeth, which means you can eat your favorite foods and speak with confidence.
- With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last for many years, making them a durable and cost-effective option in the long run.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants do not require any special cleaning or maintenance routines. Simply brush and floss as you would with your natural teeth.
At Sunrise Dental and Implant Center, we help patients understand how dental implants can benefit their oral health as well as their appearance and quality of life.
What to Expect When Getting Dental Implants
A dental implant is a small, screw-like post made of biocompatible materials, such as titanium, that is surgically placed into the jawbone to act as a replacement for a missing tooth root. The implant is then topped with a connector piece called an abutment, which connects the implant to the replacement tooth, or crown.
When getting a traditional dental implant for single tooth replacement at Sunrise Dental and Implant Center, you can expect the following step-by-step process:
- Initial Consultation: During your first visit, Dr. Webb will evaluate your dental health and determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants. We will also take x-rays and create a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
- Implant Placement: In the second stage, the implant post is surgically placed into the jawbone under local anesthesia or sedation. The implant is then given time to fuse with the surrounding bone tissue through a process called osseointegration, which can take several months.
- Abutment Placement: Once osseointegration is complete, the abutment is attached to the implant. This connector piece will eventually serve as the anchor for the replacement tooth.
- Crown Placement: The final stage involves placing the crown, which is custom-made to match the size, shape, and color of your natural teeth. The crown is attached to the abutment to complete the dental implant process.
After the procedure, it is important to follow Dr. Webb’s post-operative instructions for recovery and healing. You can care for your dental implants just like you would your natural teeth, by practicing good oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing regularly. With proper care, dental implants can last for many years and provide a durable and natural-looking replacement for missing teeth.
Are You a Candidate for Implant Dentistry?
Not everyone is a good candidate for implant dentistry, but most of our Fairfield patients can benefit from this type of dental treatment. While a consultation and x-rays are necessary to accurately determine your candidacy, here are some factors that Dr. Webb uses to determine whether a person qualifies for dental implants:
- Sufficient Bone Density
- Dental implants require sufficient bone density and quality to provide a stable foundation for the implant post. If you have lost too much bone density due to gum disease or other factors, you may need a bone grafting procedure to build up the bone in the jaw before dental implants can be placed.
- Good Oral Health
- To ensure the long-term success of dental implants, it is important to have good oral health. This includes healthy teeth and gums, and a commitment to practicing good oral hygiene habits.
- Smoking can negatively impact the success of dental implant surgery, so it is recommended that patients quit smoking prior to undergoing implant treatment.
- There is no age limit for dental implant placement, but patients should be in good overall health and have stopped growing before undergoing this procedure.
- Overall Health
- Patients should be in good overall health to undergo implant dentistry. Medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and autoimmune disorders can affect the healing process and may require additional precautions or modifications to the implant treatment plan.
At Sunrise Dental and Implant Center, we welcome the opportunity to determine your candidacy for dental implants. With our expansive options of in modern implant dentistry, we are confident that we can find a teeth replacement solution that you can be proud of.
Excellence in Implant Dentistry
Our implant center uses the most advanced, cutting-edge dental technology to create our beautiful, lasting dental implants. Imaging is a critical step in implant dentistry. Therefore, we proudly use 3D cone beam imaging and other equipment to strategically place your dental implants for optimal, long-term success. With our expansive variety of dental implant options, we are confident we help patients regain the complete smile they deserve after missing teeth.
Sunrise Dental and Implant Center offers the following treatments in advanced implant dentistry:
Dental implants can improve the appearance of your smile and give you back the function you had with your natural teeth. To learn more about our dental implant procedures, book your consultation at our Fairfield office today.